Attention Moiese/Dixon Bus Riders: Tomorrow morning, 8/26, please plan on pick up times being about 10 minutes earlier.
School Calendar: Please note that students do have school on several Fridays at the beginning of the year: Aug. 26, Sep. 9, and Sep. 23 are normal school days 7:50 AM-4:01 PM
Reminders: Thank you for helping make the first day of school successful!
- Please drive from North to South when dropping off students in the morning. It makes such a difference if kids are NOT having to cross against traffic.
- If you must park at the school to unload the best place is on the side street south of the playground or near the gyms.
- DO NOT PARK in bus zones. Follow at school bus traffic laws.
- Fill out a free/reduced lunch form available in the office
- Please pay participation fees, meal fees, annual athletic fees as soon as possible
- If your high school student signed up for MTDA there might be a fee to pay so please discuss it with them or call the office if you have questions. There is no fee for a foreign language class.
- Students in 7-12 will be checked out a Chromebook by the end of next week. Students must sign a computer contract before a Chromebook will be assigned.
School Day: Unless otherwise noted the school day starts at 7:50 AM and ends at 4:01 PM. Buses will arrive at school approximately at 7:40 AM. Buses will leave in the afternoon at approximately 4:07 PM. Please make the proper adjustments to arrive on time. Please make the proper arrangements for transportation ahead of time. Each day we receive a flurry of phone calls with messages for students on what to do after school. We do our best getting those messages to kids but can’t always promise we will get to them all. Please plan ahead.
Student Contact Information: In this day of social media, cell phones, etc it seems like kids do not know some basic contact information. Please make sure your child knows your cell phone number as well as another emergency cell phone contact. Additionally, when your cell phone changes please contact the school so we can make the changes in our student information system. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Coaching Positions for 2022-2023: Charlo Schools 7J has an opening for 2 Junior High Boys Basketball Coaches for the 2022-2023 season. Junior High Boys Basketball begins around the middle of October and ends in early December. Charlo is a Class “C” school with 80 students in the High School and 250 students overall in K-12. It is located in the beautiful Mission Valley North of Missoula, MT. Salary is a stipend of approximately $2200 depending on years of experience. To apply 1) Send letter of Interest addressed to Steve Love, Superintendent PO Box 10 Charlo, MT 59824 along with 2) District Application available at charlo.k12.mt.us 3) Copy of Transcripts 4) Copy of Teaching License 5) 3 Letters of Recommendation. Charlo Schools 7J does not discriminate on basis of race, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, or marital status. If you have questions please call (406) 644-2206 ext 230
- HSFB vs Valley Christian @ 7 PM Aug. 26
- HSVB @ Philipsburg Tournament Aug. 27
- XC @ Deer Lodge Aug. 27
- JVFB @ Valley Christian 4:30 PM Aug. 29
- Special School Board Meeting Aug. 31 @ 8 PM: Trustees will hire Lorri O’Neill, mother in law of Trustee Daniel Cahoon, as K-12 PE and the Athletic Director. Trustees will hire Jessa Smith, niece of Trustee Steph Smith as a K-12 Paraprofessional.
- XC @ Missoula Sep. 1
- HSVB @ Two Eagle Sep. 1 @ 7:00 PM Varsity Only
- JHFB @ Arlee Sep. 2 @ 4 PM
- HSFB @ Arlee Sep. 2 @ 7 PM
- School Board Meeting Sep. 20 at 7 PM in the Library. Regular monthly school board meetings are held the third Tuesday of each month. Agendas are posted no later than the Friday before the meeting at the school, Charlo Post Office, and Dixon Post Office. Board packets are available upon request at the District Office.