Varsity Football vs Victor Change: Due to smoky air conditions in the Bitterroot Valley the varsity football game @ Victor tomorrow has been moved to Charlo. Kickoff is at 1:00 PM tomorrow in Charlo.
JHVB Parents: Only 6 forms have been returned so far concerning the Charlo JHVB Jamboree on Oct. 1 in Charlo. If we cannot get enough help we will have to cancel it. Letters were sent home with JHVB players and parents should return them as soon as possible. If you have questions please call 644-2206 ext 230.
Please pay your participation fees, annual athletic fees, and meal fees.
Free/Reduced Meals: Check out the school facebook page for information concerning free/reduced meals at school. If you have questions please call 644-2206 ext 229. Activities: We are full steam ahead with cross country, volleyball, and football for the Fall. The best way to keep up on dates and times is to watch the school calendar from the school website. The website is https://charlo.k12.mt.us/. From there you can click on “calendar” which is in the top right of the website. Most any change that occurs is updated on that calendar when it comes to times and dates. There are all sorts of reasons in which cause changes. Sometimes it’s a shortage of officials that day. Sometimes it’s a lack of a bus driver. Sometimes there isn’t enough athletes for a squad. It can be the weather. Whatever the reason we do our best to update the calendar and get the word out as soon as possible. You can always call the office at 644-2206 with questions.
Reminders: Thank you in advance!
- Please drive from North to South when dropping off students in the morning. It makes such a difference if kids are NOT having to cross against traffic.
- If you must park at the school to unload the best place is on the side street south of the playground or near the gyms.
- DO NOT PARK in bus zones. Follow all school bus traffic laws.
- Fill out a free/reduced lunch form available in the office
- Please pay participation fees, meal fees, annual athletic fees as soon as possible
- If your high school student signed up for MTDA there might be a fee to pay so please discuss it with them or call the office if you have questions. There is no fee for a foreign language class.
- Students in 7-12 will be checked out a chromebook. Students must sign a computer contract before a chromebook will be assigned.
Student Contact Information: In this day of social media, cell phones, etc it seems like kids do not know some basic contact information. Please make sure your child knows your cell phone number as well as another emergency cell phone contact. Additionally, when your cell phone changes please contact the school so we can make the changes in our student information system. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Coaching Positions for 2022-2023: Charlo Schools 7J has an opening for 2 Junior High Boys Basketball Coaches for the 2022-2023 season. Junior High Boys Basketball begins around the middle of October and ends in early December. Charlo is a Class “C” school with 80 students in the High School and 250 students overall in K-12. It is located in the beautiful Mission Valley North of Missoula, MT. Salary is a stipend of approximately $2200 depending on years of experience. To apply 1) Send letter of Interest addressed to Steve Love, Superintendent PO Box 10 Charlo, MT 59824 along with 2) District Application available at charlo.k12.mt.us 3) Copy of Transcripts 4) Copy of Teaching License 5) 3 Letters of Recommendation. Charlo Schools 7J does not discriminate on basis of race, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, or marital status. If you have questions please call (406) 644-2206 ext 230
- XC @ Kalispell 1:00 PM Sep. 9
- HSVB @ Hot Springs 5:00 PM Varsity Only Sep. 9
- JHVB @ St. Regis Sep. 10
- HSFB vs Victor 1:00 PM Sep. 10 This is a change from original schedule
- XC @ Mission Sep. 13
- HSVB vs St. Regis 5:30 PM Sep. 15
- JHFB vs Drummond 3 PM Sep. 16
- HSFB vs Flint Creek 7 PM Sep. 16
- JHVB @ Noxon Sep. 17
- XC @ Missoula Sep. 17
- HSVB @ Noxon
- No School Sep. 19 – Tribal Education PIR Day for Teachers
- School Board Meeting Sep. 20 at 7 PM in the Library. Regular monthly school board meetings are held the third Tuesday of each month. Agendas are posted no later than the Friday before the meeting at the school, Charlo Post Office, and Dixon Post Office. Board packets are available upon request at the District Office.