Indian Tacos! Please help support the Lady Vikings VB Team and have a great meal at the same time. At tomorrow’s football game in Charlo vs Drummond-Pburg, they will have Indian Taco’s for $7 beginning at 4 PM and they will serve until it’s gone or until halftime of the varsity game.
Air Quality: Air quality has been an issue the past few weeks. It is always tough call when deciding whether or not to have recess, pe, or practices outside with changing air quality conditions. Coaches nor teachers like having outdoor activities in the gym. The bottom line is that we follow the DPHHS and MHSA guidelines when making a decision. We do our best to take into consideration all angles then make the best informed decision in the best interest for all involved. Thank you for your patience in the matter. We hope and pray for clear skies soon!
Please pay your participation fees, annual athletic fees, and meal fees: With all of the inflation and rises in prices with almost everything we have tried to work with all families on the athletic and participation fees. Please have them paid by Sep. 30.
Free/Reduced Meals: Check out the school facebook page for information concerning free/reduced meals at school. If you have questions please call 644-2206 ext 229.
Activities: We are full steam ahead with cross country, volleyball, and football for the Fall. The best way to keep up on dates and times is to watch the school calendar from the school website. The website is https://charlo.k12.mt.us/. From there you can click on “calendar” which is in the top right of the website. Most any change that occurs is updated on that calendar when it comes to times and dates. There are all sorts of reasons in which cause changes. Sometimes it’s a shortage of officials that day. Sometimes it’s a lack of a bus driver. Sometimes there isn’t enough athletes for a squad. It can be the weather. Whatever the reason we do our best to update the calendar and get the word out as soon as possible. You can always call the office at 644-2206 with questions.
Reminders: Thank you in advance!
- Please drive from North to South when dropping off students in the morning. It makes such a difference if kids are NOT having to cross against traffic.
- If you must park at the school to unload the best place is on the side street south of the playground or near the gyms.
- DO NOT PARK in bus zones. Follow all school bus traffic laws.
- Fill out a free/reduced lunch form available in the office
- Please pay participation fees, meal fees, annual athletic fees as soon as possible
- If your high school student signed up for MTDA there might be a fee to pay so please discuss it with them or call the office if you have questions. There is no fee for a foreign language class.
- Students in 7-12 will be checked out a chromebook. Students must sign a computer contract before a chromebook will be assigned.
Student Contact Information: In this day of social media, cell phones, etc it seems like kids do not know some basic contact information. Please make sure your child knows your cell phone number as well as another emergency cell phone contact. Additionally, when your cell phone changes please contact the school so we can make the changes in our student information system. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
- HSVB vs St. Regis 5:30 PM Sep. 15
- JHFB vs Drummond 3 PM Sep. 16
- HSFB vs Flint Creek 7 PM Sep. 16
- JHVB @ Noxon Sep. 17
- XC @ Missoula Sep. 17 @ 9:30 AM
- HSVB @ Noxon @ 4:30 PM
- No School Sep. 19 – Tribal Education PIR Day for Teachers
- JVFB vs Arlee 4:30 PM Sep. 19
- School Board Meeting Sep. 20 at 7 PM in the Library. Regular monthly school board meetings are held the third Tuesday of each month. Agendas are posted no later than the Friday before the meeting at the school, Charlo Post Office, and Dixon Post Office. Board packets are available upon request at the District Office.
- XC @ T Falls Sep. 20 @ 3 PM
- JHVB @ Ronan Sep. 20 @ 4:30 PM
- Charlo Child Find: Sep. 21 from 12:30-3:00 PM
- JVVB vs MVCA Sep. 22 @ 5:30 PM Varsity vs Alberton to follow
- HOMECOMING PARADE @ 1 PM Sep. 23
- HSFB vs Darby @ 5:00 PM Sep. 23 (Time change due to lack of officials)